Let the fun begin! You have spent hours upon hours sifting through hundreds of online listings and with the help of your agent, you have finally determined the 5-10 homes that you think best meet your needs. Your agent will discuss dates and times that are convenient for you, and will proceed to schedule your home tour.
Here are a few things to keep in mind about the scheduling process-
- If you see too many properties in one day, they start to run together in your mind, and it’s hard to accurately compare. We suggest seeing no more than 7-10 homes in one day.
- Some homes are not able to be shown without a few days advance notice. If your agent isn’t able to schedule a property you are interested in on your desired date, you can work together to find a time that is convenient for you and for the seller.
- Be sure to let your agent know if you have commitments just before or after the scheduled tour, so that he/she can ensure that the showings don’t overlap with your other commitments.
On the day of your tour, your agent will most likely schedule to meet you at a convenient location, and he/she will drive you for the duration of the tour, and drop you at your desired location at the conclusion of the tour.
Important tips while touring homes…
- Ask Questions
- Take Notes
- Think About Livability
- Look Beyond The Interior
- Ask About the HOA
- Think About Parking/Proximity to Public Transit
- Don’t Over Share To List Agents
If you are considering buying a condo, townhouse, or single family home in Chicago, you should call or text Joe at 312.593.8854 today! Buyers NEVER pay a dime for Joe’s services!